Are you interested to join Ecopreneur.eu? You can find more information here. There are several ways to join, be part of the network and support our work. Sustainable business networks can become a member (see below). Sustainable companies can join one of our existing members or join the Low-Carbon Circular Economy Advocacy Group via MVO Nederland. See below. Other organisations can support financially and/or become a partner.
Sustainable business networks matching our criteria below can become a member for annual fee of EUR 500 ex VAT.
Companies committed to sustainability fulfilling our criteria below can join one of our existing members for an annual fee set by them, or join the Low-Carbon Circular Economy Advocacy Group via MVO Nederland for an annual fee of EUR 500 ex VAT (1-250 employees), EUR 2.000 ex VAT (251-500 employees) or EUR 5.000 ex VAT (> 501 employees).
- Membership is possible for non-governmental organisations, non-profit associations, networks and alike.
- Members must represent sustainable SMEs and pioneering companies.
- Members must be legal entities in their own right.
- Members have been set-up with the intention to operate long-term and have been founded according to the national law of the country where they are registered.
- Membership is not possible for: single for-profit enterprises or individual persons.
Striving to implement/accelerate/facilitate:
- Transformation of the economy towards sustainability.
- Sustainable/circular businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Sustainable development.
- Work at the national level to bring forward sustainability/green economy via political advocacy work and/or sustainability-related projects involving societal actors/stakeholders.
Our current member organisations UnternehmensGrün (Germany), Grüne Wirtschaft (Austria), Entreprendre Vert (France), MVO Nederland (Netherlands), Coalition Ecopreneur-Kaya (Belgium), CirEko (Sweden) and the Sustainable Business Forum (Estonia)
- are non-governmental organisations or non-profit organisations,
- represent sustainable/circular SMEs and entrepreneurs in their individual countries,
- have sustainable SMEs and entrepreneurs as members (usually with paid membership).
Most members of Ecopreneur have a very similar application and admission procedure:
- written application,
- agree to the statutes of the national member/charter of values/vision,
- agree to the aims/goals and if politically active, to the main political demands,
- the application for membership has to be reviewed and accepted by the board,
- pay a membership fee,
- some use a so-called “blacklist” to assess and identify unfitting enterprises:
“Companies and organisations in the following areas are excluded from membership or partnership: Weapons, nuclear power and fossil fuels, agro-genetic engineering, tobacco, gambling industry. Furthermore, companies that do not clearly distance themselves from child and forced labour, companies that are lobbying in favour of waste incineration plants. There must not have been any formal due diligence complaints from civil society against the applicants in the last 24 months. Also excluded are companies that fail to meet their tax obligations conscientiously and responsibly at their registered office and/or in the market area whose infrastructure they use.”
Pioneering companies, both large and SMEs, can join our Low-Carbon Circular Economy Advocacy Group via MVO Nederland. In addition to the “sustainability criteria” as outlined before, companies that wish to join this group must:
- agree with the actions outlined in the Annual Project Plan
- be prepared to do the Ecopreneur Circularity Check (once launched) for one of their products/services
- for large corporations: send in
- a recent CSR/sustainability or integrated report,
- a list of circular economy activities in the last 2 years.